Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

an open letter



Dear Satan,

Just a quick note to let you know one thing: I'm on to you.

I know what you've been up to. I know that you're trying to bring me down. I know that you would love nothing more than to see me in ruins, broken, and turning my back on everything I hold dear and know to be true.

Well guess what?

It's not going to work.

You're fighting a losing battle.

That war has already been won. The victory has already been claimed. And to the victor has gone the spoils - my heart belongs to God. 

Don't you dare think for one second that I don't see you there, lurking in the darkest corners of my world, waiting to see if I'll take the bait; waiting to pounce when my defenses are at their weakest. 

Shows how little you know. 

No seriously, it just goes to show how truly small you are.

Don't you know that I am protected at all times? Do you really not realize that even when my guard is down, and my shield has been lowered, that there is a fierce defender at my back? One who watches over me, holds me in the palm of his hand and has promised to take care of me.

And you know what the kicker is? Every promise he has ever made me has been kept. 

Unlike you, great deceiver that you are, who takes pleasure in watching the failings of your word bring down soul after soul. Your callousness is matched by only one thing in this world:

His LOVE.

Anyway, I just thought it was high time you knew that your tricks won't work on me anymore. I know what you're trying to do by setting up these perfect opportunities to turn from the God I trust. And now that I know that, I can do the worst thing you could ever imagine - continue to love and trust my God

You will not break me. 

I will not give up. 

Nothing will tear me from the arms of the One who has kept me, not because of anything I have done, but because of EVERYTHING he has done. 

For me.

By grace.

-

You know, I feel sorry for you. 

I do.

Because you had that once. And you chose to throw it all away. 

What good has that done you? Do you not even appreciate the irony of it all? I mean, you must realize that we all know you're the most miserable creature in all of hell. We know how you must suffer, being so far from something so good. 

Of course, anyone would suffer knowing they will inevitably lose. Because I hate to break it to you, but good will always win out over evil. Always

Want to know why? 

Because the one thing I know for sure is that God is all powerful. God is Almighty. God is EVERYTHING.

And you, quite simply, are not

You are where you are because He put you there. 

What power do you think you have over that?

(I'll give you a hint: none)

So like I said, I just wanted to let you know that your sick plan isn't going to work. I've got the most powerful defense in the whole of the universe: Him. 

And there ain't nothing you can do to stop THAT. 

(Don't even try - you know how well that's gone for you in the past)

So I guess that's all I had to say. I'll let you get back to whatever it is you think you can do.

Oh, and one more thing?

Shove it.

Sincerely, 
Lauren


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...